12.20.2008

Mini-Post

The semester is over! (Somewhat.) I still have a paper due Monday and another due January 15--but I am off Long Island until January 26 and that makes me happy as a clam. (Weird saying, by the way...etymology?)

Anyhoo...exciting news since last post:

1. Got an A as my first semester grade of graduate school!
2. Got an internship for the Spring at the Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts.
3. Got accepted into my first conference!!!


With all that happening I still had time to see one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time.




I highly recommend "Synecdoche, New York" to anyone and everyone...but be prepared to think about it and life and love and everything way more than you'd probably like.

Also, from "Synecdoche, New York" comes one of my new favorite songs (maybe of all time). "Little Person"--sung by Deanna Storey (who is NOWHERE), written by Jon Brion (who has written scores and music for a lot of great films and personal favorites), and Charlie Kaufman (who is Charlie Kaufman. Haha.) I have no clue how to upload a song on here (instructions welcome in comments), but if you search for it on www.elbo.ws (my favorite music blog aggregator) you can surely find it.

Phew...a lot of parentheses.

Well, I'm off to wake up Mark so we can get on the road to Lil Rhody! Whoop whoop! Blog post on female artists coming soon...very soon.

1 comment:

Oregoncornhusker said...

I'm currently listening to "Little Person" and wondering why you're being so little to your blog...

... it feels neglected.

Fyi.

That is all.