2.15.2009

WOW

Seriously...WOW.

Watch this. Unbelievable. This is my minor post for this evening. Tomorrow, expect a longer, more verbal post on my part. I will be highlighting a particular gallery that houses a few artists I particularly love.



Richard Wilson's Rotating Wall (2007), described as:

“The most daring piece of public art ever commissioned in the UK, Turning the Place Over is artist Richard Wilson’s most radical intervention into architecture to date, turning a building in Liverpool’s city centre literally inside out. One of Wilson’s very rare temporary works, Turning the Place Over colonises Cross Keys House, Moorfields. It is on a light sensor and will run during daylight hours.

Co-commissioned by the Liverpool Culture Company and Liverpool Biennial, co-funded by the Northwest Regional Development Agency and The Northern Way, and facilitated by Liverpool Vision, the project is a stunning trailblazer for Liverpool’s Year as European Capital of Culture 2008, and the jewel in the crown of the Culture Company’s public art programme.”

I found this gem of an art piece at my new favorite website, The Wooster Collective. Check it out if you get the chance.

Again. Wow. This is brilliant.

1 comment:

Darth Rachel said...

so is the place in the banner that graffiti park you were telling me about?